- Dr. Tania Veuthey (CONICET, Argentina) starts her second stay as a guest scientist.
- Successful habilitation of Dr. Lisa Bäumer. Congratulations!
- Bavarian Research Foundation-funded DiaKerWa (Diamantelektroden auf Keramikbasis zur Abwasserreinigung) project starts.
- Ukrainian student Anastasiia Botserovska from Lwiw University starts her internship. Welcome!
- Successful defense of Jens Möller. Congratulations and good luck at Novartis!
- Cooperation with MyMicrobiome AG further extended. We look for new team members!
- DFG approved Molecular Communication project
- WICOVIR study ends with almost 190 thousand persons tested and laboratories continuing the test startegy established in Nuremberg and Lauf. Further information (in German): https://www.barmherzige-hedwig.de/medien/meldungen/artikel/erfolgreicher-abschluss-der-wicovir-studie-eine-halbe-million-pcr-tests-in-sechs-monaten-liefern-er.html https://www.br.de/mediathek/video/neue-modellstudie-pcr-gurgelpooltests-sicher-und-effizient-av:610accaf447b860007698f8
- FAU Microbiology spin-off BD-4 GmbH wins second place in BayStartUp “Business Plan Contest Northern Bavaria”.
- BD-4 GmbH for the market introduction of boron-doped diamond electrodes as disinfection tools in dentistry founded.
- More than 100.000 gargle samples tested in frame of the WICOVIR project.
- BayLat-funded cooperation with CONICET (Argentina) approved.
- More than 50.000 persons tested and 25 SARS-CoV-2 infections detected in frame of WICOVIR.
- The Dr. Rolf M. Schwiete Stiftung is funding a 2-years project focussing on the application of boron-doped diamond electrodes in dentistry with more than 200.000 EUR.
Bavarian Ministry for Health and Care supports WICOVIR
In a cooperation with two groups from Regensburg, we will establish screening protocols to monitor SARS-CoV-2 among school children and employees from different companies and institutions.
WICOVIR will be funded with approx. 1.3 million EUR.
Further information (in German):
- First time more than 10.000 persons tested per week in frame of WICOVIR.
- Hanna Michlits from BOKU, Vienna, starts her 3-months internships focussing on mutant studies on iron metabolism in Corynebacterium diphtheriae.
- New cooperation with MyMicrobiome AG started. MyMicrobiome is a start-up company focussing on the validation of various products in respect to microbiome-friendly formulation. In frame of the newly started cooperation, new testing methods will be developed.
- Set-up of a COVID-19 screening program in cooperation with T. Wagner (intego GmbH) started.